Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moving to the World Council of Churches in Geneva

Dear Friends and Colleagues,


Yes, it is now official. In less than a month, I will move to Geneva, Switzerland and begin work as the Director of Inter-religious Dialogue and Cooperation.

In 1971 the WCC formalized its commitment to inter-religious dialogue when it established the Sub-Unit of Dialogue with People of Living Faiths and Ideologies. Ecumenical luminaries such as Stanley Samartha, Wesley Ariarajah, Hans Ucko and Tarek Mitri led this effort for the past 36 years. I am privileged to join their ranks.

My four years at the National Council of Churches have been exceedingly rewarding. The Interfaith Relations Commission will continue its work, although the current re-structuring at the NCC will provide some challenges in staffing some of the projects that I engaged in.

Many of you who are reading this have been an important part of this work and will continue to be. While my work will now be more international in scope, I still want to hear about what you do, and want to be engaged in this work as I am able.

Thank you for all your encouragement and support.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>